[TYPO3-dev] Static templates in 4.2/4.3 ?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun May 4 20:18:50 CEST 2008

>>  I think storing TS externally is necessary as the code becomes very very
>>  long with time and it is difficult to edit.
>
> You need to explore the field in the template record called "Include
> basis templates"--it allows you to include other TS templates into the
> main one. The result is much like what you achieve by including
> external files, except that you have better access to them from within
> TYPO3, *and* you can use versioning on them (if you're not already
> using CVS, SVN etc on the include files that is).

I used basis template for a website that had multiple domains which
similar layout but I did not this for my other websites. That's a good
idea however, I'll give it a try as what I like with external files is
the ability to copy them as basis for a new website but I may as well
export my basis templates as .t3d I would say...

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en