[TYPO3-dev] An idea to further process ' page not found ' 404handling

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri May 2 00:16:22 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:07 AM, Matt K - [SwagmanInternet]
<typo3 at swagmaninternet.com> wrote:

<snip>

>  So where to from here as I do not know the protocol for moving
>  forward from here. Do I need to perform further testing?
>  I am happy to forward my findings to a TYPO3 core member if
>  they wish, just to confirm my theories. My theories would include
>  my research on the tests performed on random websites, and as
>  I said, i do not wish to publish those results here out of respect
>  for those websites & their developers.

<snip>

bugs.typo3.org (it'll eventually get lost if it doesn't get into the
bugtracker).

If you want a 'right now' kind of solution for some or all of your
sites, you could switch to realurl; it can be set up so that your urls
would be almost the same, and it has a tool for (manually) creating
301 redirects for pages where the current url can't be easily
reproduced.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/