[TYPO3-dev] stdWrap for all TLO's

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 14:47:59 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]
<dmitry at typo3.org> wrote:
> Hi!

<snip>

>  > If we're talking about the use of stdWrap in PHP directly, Steffen's
>  > point is still right (this is what I thought we were discussing too).
>  > In TS, Ernesto and Dmitry have a point. Strictly speaking, in a case
>  > like Dmitry's example, I'd say it's the extension that has it wrong
>
>  Nope. stdWrap property is not defined for USER, so extensions are free to use
> it :-P They cannot use includeLibs or userFunc in any wrong way but other
> properties are free.

Of course. I just think it'd be bad practice to use e.g. stdWrap.wrap
the way you showed in your sample a few messages back. I think that
admins and developers using such an extension wtihout examining the
php code (which would probably be most of them) might expect
stdWrap.wrap on the root of the plugin to act on the whole of the
plugin's output, and not just on some portion of it.

If you decide to use a common word in an unusual way, there's no
guarantee you'll be understood :-)

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/