[TYPO3-dev] stdWrap for all TLO's

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Mar 28 14:38:06 CET 2008

Hi!

Christopher Torgalson wrote:
> Ok. Finally I understand the objection--and how the word 'automatic'
> got introduced to the discussion. So the problem is that some
> extensions use stdWrap IN TYPOSCRIPT, not in PHP. Why did nobody make
> this distinction explicit earlier?

I always though we talk about TS. When it comes to USER&PHP&stdWrap I do not see any problem either because stdWrap can be ueasily sed in any USER plugin.

> If we're talking about the use of stdWrap in PHP directly, Steffen's
> point is still right (this is what I thought we were discussing too).
> In TS, Ernesto and Dmitry have a point. Strictly speaking, in a case
> like Dmitry's example, I'd say it's the extension that has it wrong

Nope. stdWrap property is not defined for USER, so extensions are free to use it :-P They cannot use includeLibs or userFunc in any wrong way but other properties are free.

> (i.e. since in every possible case except USER, .stdWrap on the base
> of a cObject does affect the whole cObject), but of course advocating
> that we break existing extensions just for such an abstract reason
> would be stupid of me, so I won't do it :-)
>
> Because of cases like Dmitry's sample, "_stdWrap" (or similar) seems a
> tolerable and workable solution.

While I would welcome standard stdWrap property for every USER object, I would seriously think how to avoid collisions with existing properties...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team