[TYPO3-dev] Firefox 3 and TYPO3 backend

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Mar 27 10:52:18 CET 2008

ben van 't ende [netcreators] schrieb:
> Michael Stucki wrote:
>> Martin Kutschker wrote:

>>> We did. I'm sure you find it in the archive of the Core list.
>>
>> We did. But it doesn't matter anyway. If Firefox 3 breaks with older
>> TYPO3
>> versions, we need to provide some workaround for this of course.
>>
>> It's currently fixed in 4.2 already, but the fix cannot be ported
>> easily to
>> older versions because of some rather radical backend changes. But as
>> Masi
>> said, we should not care too much about this until Firefox 3 is final...
>
> Hey Michael,
>
> I don't agree with not caring to much until FF3 is ready:
>
> 1. FF3beta is so much better and if noone would be using beta's of FF
> and for that matter TYPO3 as well we would get nowhere at all. Get my
> point ;-)

a) You're a developer. It's good you test software. But TYPO3 is for end
users, so it must run on final/stable software but may run with other beta
software. I encourage you to use FF3 beta and report any bugs to the FF
team, but do not waste time on changing TYPO3 for a yet to be released browser.

b) 3.8, 4.0 and 4.1 are shipped and running. There is no compelling reason
to change them unless FF3 is shipped.

Masi