[TYPO3-dev] Firefox 3 and TYPO3 backend

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Thu Mar 27 09:59:59 CET 2008

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>>> Did we?.. Hm...
>> We did. I'm sure you find it in the archive of the Core list.
>
> We did. But it doesn't matter anyway. If Firefox 3 breaks with older TYPO3
> versions, we need to provide some workaround for this of course.
>
> It's currently fixed in 4.2 already, but the fix cannot be ported easily to
> older versions because of some rather radical backend changes. But as Masi
> said, we should not care too much about this until Firefox 3 is final...

Hey Michael,

I don't agree with not caring to much until FF3 is ready:

1. FF3beta is so much better and if noone would be using beta's of FF and for
that matter TYPO3 as well we would get nowhere at all. Get my point ;-)
2. Did anyone contact the FF team about this? If not I would like to ask you or
someone else who knows why this happens to do so. I am just a simple user and
can't possibly describe what is going on here. Just maybe it is a FF3 bug. Did
you consider that?

gRTz

ben
--