[TYPO3-dev] sysext's

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Mar 21 10:56:21 CET 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> PS: I'm against removing indexed_search without a replacement sysext.
> Otherwise the CMS would be crippled. Better a simple search that works
> only for small sites than none at all.

I propose to make ext that uses MySQL FTS. Current indexed_search sucks completely. I say such strong works very seldom but this is exactly the case when these words are right. Performance of current indexed search is inadequate during search and it slows down normal page browsing.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team