[TYPO3-dev] sysext's

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri Mar 21 16:30:06 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> PS: I'm against removing indexed_search without a replacement sysext.
>> Otherwise the CMS would be crippled. Better a simple search that works
>> only for small sites than none at all.
>
> I propose to make ext that uses MySQL FTS.

Fine with me as long as FTSs of other RDMBSs may be integrated easily. I
have compiled a list of features and syntaxes for other DBs.

It is a bit more tricky for othe DBs as they usually want to know in
what language the data are. But a simple solution may use either English
only or another configurable one. A more complex solution could use
multiple tables/indices for each language you have configured.

Masi