[TYPO3-dev] sysext's

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat Mar 22 18:07:31 CET 2008

On Mar 22, 2008, at 11:50 AM, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> ries van Twisk wrote:
>> It's also (like in my case) that we have a other database to
>> maintain,
>> to backup, know to restore, to learn, to know it's tricks and flaws,
>> to learn how it's security works etc.. etc... That's also one of the
>> reasons
>> why companies like to stick with there DB they know best...
>
> That's true. But I think they can invest some more into one more
> database expert and try alternative solutions. This is not a problem
> for big companies.

it is actually...

There is a lot of costs involved to get a other person in just to
support a single CMS (around 10K a month may be??),
so that will never been done... That means a company need to outsource
the knowledge or train in house people,
which is also quite expensive.

That's the main reason people like to stick with there RDBM they know...

Ries