[TYPO3-dev] New flexform featur

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Jul 13 19:11:22 CEST 2008

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i would like to hear your opinion.
>> 1) There is no official way to set default values for flexform vars via
>> pageTS. I would like to have this feature. Possible syntax could be
>> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.myVar = xyz
>
> Hm, are now ff-fields unique within the complete ff or not? As us
> usually have to address them via the sheet name (which is IMHO a bad
> thing) I fear it has to be
>
> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.myField = xyz
>
> But I'd be delighted if we can declare that field names have to be
> globally unique and you syntax can live.

Yes, uniqueness should be required (i think the most do that automatic)
For this uniqueness a check has to be done to generate a warning.

And having uniqueness the syntax can be such easy without fiddling to
get sheetname.

>> 2) There is no way to give user rights to fields like you can do with
>> normal db-fields. I would like to have some fields in flexform protected
>> by uservars. A possible way in flexform XML could be a syntax like
>> <admin>1</admin>
>> So this field would be hidden for "non-admins".
>> May be an option could set the rights to the admin-fields to other
>> user/usergroups by having a setting in TS
>> rights.flexformAdminFields = 1 (don't know best way to name it)
>
> Sadly you cannot do anything with ff via TS :-(
>
> I think that in the XML the usual excludeField property should be used.

ah yes, this could be used, and it sounds better.

> The only difference would be that you have to enable this field by userTS.

I see the problem because normally TCA is asked for that. In case of
flexforms that is a problem, as they are only definded with the XML,
which is enough while rendering, but difficult for other modules to
extract the information. May be a "virual" TCA could be added to let
TYPO3 know about fields in flexform

vg Steffen