[TYPO3-dev] New flexform featur

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Jul 13 18:34:31 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to hear your opinion.
> 1) There is no official way to set default values for flexform vars via
> pageTS. I would like to have this feature. Possible syntax could be
> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.myVar = xyz

Hm, are now ff-fields unique within the complete ff or not? As us
usually have to address them via the sheet name (which is IMHO a bad
thing) I fear it has to be

TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.myField = xyz

But I'd be delighted if we can declare that field names have to be
globally unique and you syntax can live.

> 2) There is no way to give user rights to fields like you can do with
> normal db-fields. I would like to have some fields in flexform protected
> by uservars. A possible way in flexform XML could be a syntax like
> <admin>1</admin>
> So this field would be hidden for "non-admins".
> May be an option could set the rights to the admin-fields to other
> user/usergroups by having a setting in TS
> rights.flexformAdminFields = 1 (don't know best way to name it)

Sadly you cannot do anything with ff via TS :-(

I think that in the XML the usual excludeField property should be used.
The only difference would be that you have to enable this field by userTS.

Masi