[TYPO3-dev] Reinventing getIndpEnv() to support reverse proxys + SSL proxys

Henning Pingel henning at typo3.org
Sat Feb 16 14:09:06 CET 2008

Hi Masi,

Am 14.02.2008 20:40 schrieb Martin Kutschker:
> The main point for you will be to convince Ingo Renner that this may go
> into 4.2, which is now in feature freeze after the release of beta1.
>
> There may be a chance to do it because Michael Stucki has submitted at
> least a patch for general proxy support. Unfortunately the patch had a
> few issues which couldn't be resolved before beta1.
>
> Maybe Ingo doesn't accept a patch for the real issues, but will allow
> the hook. Personally I'd prefer a real fix in t3lib_div itself.

I would also prefer a real fix in t3lib_div, but I see the problem that
chances are high that my correction may work in one setup, but maybe not
in another setup, depending on the configuration of TYPO3 (multiple
domain records? cookiedomain setting?) and the proxy server used
(Apache? Squid? Varnish?). So I think an extension would enable users
who need this functionality to test it, without the need to patch their
core files and without introducing bugs to the core in SVN at the same time.

I will ask Ingo about his opinion regarding adding a hook to t3lib_div.
I know it's bad timing to ask now after the feature freeze. ;-)

Thank you for your thoughts!

Have a nice weekend.

- Henning