[TYPO3-dev] Reinventing getIndpEnv() to support reverse proxys + SSL proxys

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Feb 16 16:14:35 CET 2008

Henning Pingel schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
> Am 14.02.2008 20:40 schrieb Martin Kutschker:
>> The main point for you will be to convince Ingo Renner that this may go
>> into 4.2, which is now in feature freeze after the release of beta1.
>>
>> There may be a chance to do it because Michael Stucki has submitted at
>> least a patch for general proxy support. Unfortunately the patch had a
>> few issues which couldn't be resolved before beta1.
>>
>> Maybe Ingo doesn't accept a patch for the real issues, but will allow
>> the hook. Personally I'd prefer a real fix in t3lib_div itself.
>
> I would also prefer a real fix in t3lib_div, but I see the problem that
> chances are high that my correction may work in one setup, but maybe not
> in another setup, depending on the configuration of TYPO3 (multiple
> domain records? cookiedomain setting?) and the proxy server used
> (Apache? Squid? Varnish?).

Such care is seldom seen! But I think that we don't need to worry so
much. Currently no proxy that doesn't preserve the HOST header will
work. The simple fix will work at least with Apache/mod_proxy and squid.

> So I think an extension would enable users
> who need this functionality to test it, without the need to patch their
> core files and without introducing bugs to the core in SVN at the same time.

I trust that we can test the patches with the setup mentioned above, but
certainly a hook gives an extra level of flexibility.

Masi

PS: BTW, you don't need a hook for that. I have written an extension
that modifies the environment itself. If you change localconf.php so
that it is loaded very early TYPO3 won't ever see the original
environment. This trick worked well in my 2 current proxy installations.