[TYPO3-dev] Feature Request: Getting rid of TCA palettes

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Dec 24 12:15:20 CET 2008

Hi guys,
> All important things shall be visible on the first palette already.

I think you meant 'tab' here instead of palette. This is also my
concern. I'd like to see the most relevant fields for a record on the
first tab. If I create a new CE of type "text with image" I have to
switch to 3 tabs, one for the headline, one for the text and the third
for the images. While I can understand separating the complex image
setup from the text field, I really can't understand why the headlines
are separate. That's somewhat user unfriendly. In my opinion the first
tab should contain the most important stuff of every kind of CE, that
you most likely fill out every time you create that CE. Things like the
"secion_frame" or "index", "to top", "space before/after" and stuff
should be moved to a separate tab, as you won't need those very often in
good setups.

So for CType "text", the headline and the textfield (+options) should be
  on the first tab. For CType "image" it should be the headline and the
image options, for CType "text with image" it should be like CType
"text" and the image stuff on the second tab. I think you get the point.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch