[TYPO3-dev] Feature Request: Getting rid of TCA palettes

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Fri Dec 26 14:29:45 CET 2008

Hi Franz (K)

Franz Koch wrote:
> Hi guys,
>> All important things shall be visible on the first palette already.
>
> I think you meant 'tab' here instead of palette. This is also my
> concern. I'd like to see the most relevant fields for a record on the
> first tab. If I create a new CE of type "text with image" I have to
> switch to 3 tabs, one for the headline, one for the text and the third
> for the images. While I can understand separating the complex image
> setup from the text field, I really can't understand why the headlines
> are separate. That's somewhat user unfriendly. In my opinion the first
> tab should contain the most important stuff of every kind of CE, that
> you most likely fill out every time you create that CE.

  Things like the
> "secion_frame" or "index", "to top", "space before/after" and stuff
> should be moved to a separate tab, as you won't need those very often in
> good setups.

Define 'good setup', please. My users use index, to top and especially section frame and seem to be quite happy with it. Even font size is enabled.
Why? Because the features were simply needed. No one ever complained that the headline is on the first tab. Admittedly I shifted quite a few fields around, created customized palettes etc. Perhaps I
did so because I have to work with the same system as an editor.

Kind regards and merry rest x-mas :-)