[TYPO3-dev] Feature Request: Getting rid of TCA palettes

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Wed Dec 24 09:48:15 CET 2008

Simon Tuck a écrit :
> Franz Holzinger wrote:
>> them in order to see only the most necessary fields. Maybe the hidden
>> fields in the small view could be shown by some small symbols to
>> indicate that something more is there.
>
> This is off-topic, but seeing as you bought it up, I have to say that
> this is on of my main gripes with the usability of the TYPO3 backend:
> Too many symbols, buttons and hidden options. For us developers it's OK,
> but in my experience end-users are easily overwhelmed and the less
> options they have the better.

Hello Simon,

I agree, that many users do not find the secondary options check box.
So this can be changed to show them by default.
But it should be removed. I consider it helpful (better overview), if
about 30% of unimportant options and input fields are not shown always.
I would even favor a radio button here (for more enhanced view with more
details).

You have a similar and more complicated thing already with the new IRRE
feature. Many records of another table are now shown in the TCE of one
table. The user must learn to use and understand it.

- Franz