[TYPO3-dev] Multidomain setups and crosslinking - concept

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Dec 21 18:04:45 CET 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> In realurl you configure other domains giving them a root_id. I don't
> know if this flag is needed for realurl.

Yes, it is necessary when searching id from path. At that moment it is not clear what domain it is. For example, we had a case similar to yours:

- domain 1
  - page 1
    - domain 2
      - page 2

User could have http://domain-2/page-2/ but he must not be able to access http://domain-1/page-1/domain-2/page-2 because of the duplicate content issue. So is_siteroot must be set on both "domain 1" and "domain 2" to make sure that paths are resolved properly.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team