[TYPO3-dev] Multidomain setups and crosslinking - concept

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Dec 19 14:10:27 CET 2008

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> i fully agree! "Is Rootpage" is needed for starting complete new Setup,
>> but domain records as nested ones are "only" landing pages, not a
>> different setup. The only thing what changes on these pages is the baseURL.
>>
>> In realurl you configure other domains giving them a root_id. I don't
>> know if this flag is needed for realurl.
>
> I had troubles when "is root" is not set for the page. I guess it wasn't
> real url as such but typolink that doesn't work in such a setup. The
> problems are the menus which after some changes now also use typolink
> (which is basically good).

i think the point is that with this flag "is root" the rootline-walk
stops on this page, because it is a root. Without the flag, the walk
stops on the globe and domain records are overwritten by the top level
domain record.

> BUT: for me it's ok when all links within a "landing page" with it's own
> domain lead to the "real" domain including subpages of the "landing
> page". So in fact I want links to the domain of the site root, which is
> NOT the landing page :)
>
> Masi

i see that we need 2 possibilities: using site domain or actual domain.
What would be the simple way to configure, what would you expect: a
select in link browser choosing the domain, or something else?

vg Steffen