[TYPO3-dev] Multidomain setups and crosslinking - concept

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Dec 19 14:05:42 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> i fully agree! "Is Rootpage" is needed for starting complete new Setup,
> but domain records as nested ones are "only" landing pages, not a
> different setup. The only thing what changes on these pages is the baseURL.
>
> In realurl you configure other domains giving them a root_id. I don't
> know if this flag is needed for realurl.

I had troubles when "is root" is not set for the page. I guess it wasn't
real url as such but typolink that doesn't work in such a setup. The
problems are the menus which after some changes now also use typolink
(which is basically good).

BUT: for me it's ok when all links within a "landing page" with it's own
domain lead to the "real" domain including subpages of the "landing
page". So in fact I want links to the domain of the site root, which is
NOT the landing page :)

Masi