[TYPO3-dev] Multidomain setups and crosslinking - concept

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Dec 19 13:54:00 CET 2008

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Gebert schrieb:
>> What I found out is that every page containing a domain record has must have "Is Rootpage" in page options as well as Rootlevel in Template. Since then we have no problems anymore with wrong links (also mount points work well).
>
> But that shouldn't be necessary (in an ideal world). I think it makes
> perfectly sense to have a domain record somewhere in the tree as a
> "landing page". In this case I probably don't want to set the template
> to "rootlevel" as this would break the menu code (when I want to use the
> same structure/layout as in the rest of the site). I'm not sure what "is
> rootpage" of the page triggers. Maybe it also makes sense not to check
> if in the "landing page" scenario.
>
> That said, I declare that the Core may not expect that the root flags
> are set just because of the existence of a domain record. Though any
> extension (real url) may require that.
>
> Masi

i fully agree! "Is Rootpage" is needed for starting complete new Setup,
but domain records as nested ones are "only" landing pages, not a
different setup. The only thing what changes on these pages is the baseURL.

In realurl you configure other domains giving them a root_id. I don't
know if this flag is needed for realurl.

vg Steffen