[TYPO3-dev] Multidomain setups and crosslinking - concept

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Dec 19 13:48:34 CET 2008

Steffen Gebert schrieb:

> What I found out is that every page containing a domain record has must have "Is Rootpage" in page options as well as Rootlevel in Template. Since then we have no problems anymore with wrong links (also mount points work well).

But that shouldn't be necessary (in an ideal world). I think it makes
perfectly sense to have a domain record somewhere in the tree as a
"landing page". In this case I probably don't want to set the template
to "rootlevel" as this would break the menu code (when I want to use the
same structure/layout as in the rest of the site). I'm not sure what "is
rootpage" of the page triggers. Maybe it also makes sense not to check
if in the "landing page" scenario.

That said, I declare that the Core may not expect that the root flags
are set just because of the existence of a domain record. Though any
extension (real url) may require that.

Masi