[TYPO3-dev] Multidomain setups and crosslinking - concept

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Dec 21 18:01:24 CET 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> But that shouldn't be necessary (in an ideal world). I think it makes
> perfectly sense to have a domain record somewhere in the tree as a
> "landing page". In this case I probably don't want to set the template
> to "rootlevel" as this would break the menu code (when I want to use the
> same structure/layout as in the rest of the site). I'm not sure what "is
> rootpage" of the page triggers. Maybe it also makes sense not to check
> if in the "landing page" scenario.

You do not set the template to rootlevel, you set "Is site root" checkbox in page properties ;)

The reason for it is that this flag is available in the rootline but domain information is not. Imagine, you traverse the rootline and need to find where domain starts. What would you like more:
- check existing field in each rootline record
- for each rootline record make a separate SQL query on sys_domains

That field saves SQL queries in many FE/BE places.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team