[TYPO3-dev] TV patches/updates

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Thu Dec 18 23:18:02 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> It is not the question of trust. The rules are the same for everyone, they are not established by me. But I will follow them in any case. I may take time later to look at your code if you do not wish to do it.

 It's not the wish, it's the dependencies of the changes that prevents
it. It is not possible entirely until at least some patches hit the SVN.
We can't break up the patch, but we can iteratively walk over changes.
For example the big patch contains fixes of the mapper, if the old
mapper would hit SVN I can sort out the correcting lines and we make an
isolated patch for that feature.
 But it's not in my power to branch or tag myself, or in any way guess
or simulate what you would do and change before in the SVN, and so it's
just futile.
 The "rules" are okay for me, I don't expect any of the changes/patches
to apply, I like to share my work on it anyway without any illusions or
expectancies or greed, there is no 'have to'.
 As long as you have creative control over TV, you decide what to do
with that what we're sharing. Right or wrong, CGL or trash.Ultimately it
*is* about trust or control.

>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9529
>>
>> Just revert the changes on mod2/index.php if you want only the mapper,
>> and not the details. It's age-old BTW ...
>>

> Ok, thanks.

 Branch it or trunk it, and we give you the follow-up corrections. And
after all we can talk about it (everything), because I'm pretty sure we
oversee and misunderstand things, even making things worst trying to
make it better. Sometimes one has meetings, shares some brainstorming,
exchanges ideas and arguments, disagrees, agrees, plans, imagines,
implements, learns, rejects, grows. There is a dynamic component in rich
relationships, that compensates for that not each single element is
perfect in itself.

> The whole situation is bad for the TV. TV could benefit from your changes if the were submitted to the bug tracker as I asked you from the very beginning: one issue per feature/fix. If you started bulk modifications, TV will not get your patches. I cannot risk. TV means too much for too many companies.

 Hmm? TV suffers, because it does not get features it doesn't have
anyway? Strange argumentation. In whatever state this whole 'situation'
is, I only see a 'more' (better), I don't see any 'less' (worst). I
though admit to have perceived a 'delay' ...

 Ciao, greetings, respect and hasta pronto
    Niels