[TYPO3-dev] TV patches/updates

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Dec 18 18:30:42 CET 2008

Hi!

Niels Fröhling wrote:
> You won't be able to break the big patch into pieces. You trust the
> patch or not, you trust my 2-months QA or not. I'm not going to
> re-program the features (which mostly anyway build upon each other),
> re-evaluate it's functionality, and re-test the environment over 2
> months on live-servers (which for example exposed a critical bug in the
> drag'n'drop [some body should mark *nh_tvdragndrop *as broken in TER]
> and several minor errors in TV itself). This is not about docHeaders
> (you know they are superclassed and you can fall back to tabs).

It is not the question of trust. The rules are the same for everyone, they are not established by me. But I will follow them in any case. I may take time later to look at your code if you do not wish to do it.

> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9529
>
> Just revert the changes on mod2/index.php if you want only the mapper,
> and not the details. It's age-old BTW ...

Ok, thanks.

> I got wiser since then, the code got wiser since then, I started
> full-localization and code-cleaning on the old code, moved functions,
> grouped functional blocks, comment and comment code-blocks, that's how
> it is. No way back.

It does not seem wiser. You know the rules and you broke them. If you are wiser, you know the consequences. It means patches are not getting in. Changes in SVN must be clearly documented and fix one issue per commit. There will be no bulk changes in TemplaVoila SVN as there will be no such changes in the TYPO3 core. The rules are identical and they ensure stability and quality. I am sorry but you knew what you were doing. The whole situation is bad for the TV. TV could benefit from your changes if the were submitted to the bug tracker as I asked you from the very beginning: one issue per feature/fix. If you started bulk modifications, TV will not get your patches. I cannot risk. TV means too much for too many companies.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team