[TYPO3-dev] TV patches/updates

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Thu Dec 18 17:04:55 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thomas Allmer wrote:
>
>> but... some of Niels changes are really cool... I mean I love his new Mapper
>> (editing ts, editing the input field values for select... ) that's exactly
>> what it would need to easily create complex Flexible Elements..
>>

> I agree!
>

>> it's quite hard to always keep copies of all DS, just in case I at some
>> point just change a description of a point, or add something... make it
>> compare it with my manual changes and then copy/paste it by hand...
>>
>> I'm not sure if Niels has a "less" patches versions around... he should have
>> used its own svn, as working with patches that build on each other are quite
>> bad, and they also become invalid once the "original" svn is updated... :(
>>
>> I don't want to offend anyone with this... I just find it sad, to see really
>> cool changes lying around and probably never included... I tried to extract
>> some changes to supply them as separate patches but dam that's hard - not my
>> code and so much code... *hehe*
>>

> One exclusion breaks the rule forever. So regardless how cool it is, it can be included only and only if ti follows the rule. TemplaVoila is too critical for the business of many companies to break rules in its development. I expect that Niels will make a proper patch with this feature. I could take his patch, decipher it and add myself but it would (1) delay other features that I want to include and (2) take much more time than if he does it.

 You won't be able to break the big patch into pieces. You trust the
patch or not, you trust my 2-months QA or not. I'm not going to
re-program the features (which mostly anyway build upon each other),
re-evaluate it's functionality, and re-test the environment over 2
months on live-servers (which for example exposed a critical bug in the
drag'n'drop [some body should mark *nh_tvdragndrop *as broken in TER]
and several minor errors in TV itself). This is not about docHeaders
(you know they are superclassed and you can fall back to tabs).

> We will see how it goes. I also want to see that mapping interface changes in TV very much but now it is up to Niels only to write a proper patch. I cannot do much here :(

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9529

Just revert the changes on mod2/index.php if you want only the mapper,
and not the details. It's age-old BTW ...
I got wiser since then, the code got wiser since then, I started
full-localization and code-cleaning on the old code, moved functions,
grouped functional blocks, comment and comment code-blocks, that's how
it is. No way back.

Ciao
    Niels