[TYPO3-dev] Weird cookie problem with FE login (wrong host)

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Dec 2 21:19:21 CET 2008

Hi,

My frontend session cookies get generated with the wrong host information.

I have following site structure:

root
   |-- website
   |     `-- shared (mountpage to SP below)
   `-- SP
        `-- login

Default accessible domain for the website is http://cms.domain.tld. Root
 > website is accessible through http://www.website.tld. Now, for some
reason, when I use the login form mounted on shared (and thus accessible
through http://www.website.tld/shared/login.html, my session cookie is
generated with host: .cms.domain.tld and as such is not sent back by my
browser as the domains do not match => session is "terminated" and user
cannot do anything after the login.

Did I missed some configuration setting somewhere?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en