[TYPO3-dev] create new page straight into Alternative Language?]

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Fri Dec 5 10:04:14 CET 2008

Hi all,

I could do with the very same feature in our university page.
Franz Koch wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>> i hope that the BE page module would automatically show the overlaied
>> language page, so that the process is invisible to the user!
>

> how could it be invisible, when the editor still needs to define a
> pagetitle in the default language? To ease things up, you maybe could
> include the overlay record via IRRE or something, so that the editor can
> fill both records at the same time.

Hm, as the sys_language_uid = 0 page is a dummy that is never visible
anyway, could not the values entered into the translated page be
transfered to the original record anyway? This would make things better
in pagetree as well, because if a page exists only in the translated
language (let's say french), you want to see the french title in the
pagetree?

Uschi