[TYPO3-dev] Weird cookie problem with FE login (wrong host)

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Dec 2 21:45:52 CET 2008

> My frontend session cookies get generated with the wrong host information.
>
> I have following site structure:
>
> root
>   |-- website
>   |     `-- shared (mountpage to SP below)
>   `-- SP
>        `-- login
>
> Default accessible domain for the website is http://cms.domain.tld. Root
>  > website is accessible through http://www.website.tld. Now, for some
> reason, when I use the login form mounted on shared (and thus accessible
> through http://www.website.tld/shared/login.html, my session cookie is
> generated with host: .cms.domain.tld and as such is not sent back by my
> browser as the domains do not match => session is "terminated" and user
> cannot do anything after the login.
>
> Did I missed some configuration setting somewhere?

Something is stranger: the session cookie named "fe_typo_user" is not
always created. Meaning that the host / domain info is not the only
problem I have. Sometimes the cookie is created (with wrong host) and
sometimes it is not created at all (I see the "Welcome user X, you are
not logged in...") but no fe_typo_user exists. I cannot understand in
which circumstance it creates or not the cookie but for a few minutes it
does not generate any new cookie.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en