[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 4.2 Cache Bug?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Apr 29 14:22:48 CEST 2008

Klaus Hinum wrote:
> We don't have mbstring installed (have ordered it at our server). using
> mb_substr() should solve the problem, but afaik the problem started
> after the upgrade to 4.2 (we did not update php at this moment, perhaps
> a security update was installed).
>
> Only the caching is affected. The uncached preview is working fine (only
> the "ä" for example is cut to an "?").

But this means that something is still wrong at your installation. ? means that character sets are not handled properly. Solving it may solve cache problem too.

Do you have forceCharset set to something in Install tool?

I have no problems on 8 sites that use non-latin1 characters.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team