[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 4.2 Cache Bug?

Klaus Hinum k_hinum at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 14:20:16 CEST 2008

Helmut Hummel schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Klaus Hinum schrieb:
>>
>> After some more testing I can now exactly specify the "bug". If you
>> use the php function substr() on an utf-8 string, and the "cut" is
>> exactly at any 2 byte encoded character (like öäü),
>
> Well this seems to be a php bug. What php version are you using?
>
>> the resulting string will stop typo3 from caching (only to this cut
>> half).
>
> Can you post an example, as Olly requested?
>
>> In 4.1.5 this was still working, so I think this is a bug.
>> Shoud I fill out a bug report on that?
>
> Are you sure TYPO3 4.1.5 is working with the same php version?
>
> Kind regards
> Helmut

We don't have mbstring installed (have ordered it at our server). using
mb_substr() should solve the problem, but afaik the problem started
after the upgrade to 4.2 (we did not update php at this moment, perhaps
a security update was installed).

Only the caching is affected. The uncached preview is working fine (only
the "ä" for example is cut to an "?").

We are currently using PHP 5.2.5 with Apache 2

regards
Klaus