[TYPO3-dev] More FlexForm problems

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Apr 18 16:01:44 CEST 2008

Hi!

Dan Osipov wrote:
> I'm having some flexform problems again. Some of them due to lack of
> documentation.
>
> I have a multiple selection list, as defined below. A major problem is,
> when saved the list of values is followed by a comma. I have to manually
> remove it. Doesn't it make more sense not to put it in (ie remove it
> before the insert?) Is this a bug or a feature?

Don't know (and lazy to look) but you always can do this in the code:

$list = t3lib_div::trimExplode(',', $ffValue, true);

Notice the last parameter! Or, if you need a string:

$list = preg_replace('/^(.*),?$/', '\1', $ffValue);

(untested!)

> Furthermore, after saving the form and editing it, the list of values
> already selected is empty. Looking at the HTML, it looks like the values
> are there, but their name is empty (<option
> value="YAHOO_MAP_SAT"></option>). That's probably my fault in not
> configuring it properly.

After *quick* looking I could not find any problem. Personally I prefer using n1, n2, n3, etc to numIndex.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team