[TYPO3-dev] sysext's

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Apr 1 21:12:46 CEST 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote:

>> Our SQL queries have always been pretty simple and I think it should be
>> possible to port them to other systems without using adodb at all...
>
> With due respect, but this is a nive approach. No sir, you cannot solve
> this without ADOdb or another portability layer without changing the DB
> layout of TYPO3.

You say it: Try using another portability layer. To me ADOdb looks like
overkill, so we should probably look out for something smaller.

(On the other hand, there is not much feedback from people using it, so I
cannot argue how much slower the overhead is, and if an improvement is
needed after all...)

>> For now I would like to focus on indexed_search and see how far we get if
>> fulltext indexing is implemented...
>
> Did you only add a full text index on top of the existing data structure
> of indexed serach or did you change more? I'm thinking of getting rid of
> all the single word tables and replacing them with a "document" table
> (contains rendered page or copy of external document).

I dropped index_words. To be precise, it remains there but is not used after
you install the indexed_search_mysql extension.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out