[TYPO3-dev] sysext's

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Apr 2 09:47:10 CEST 2008

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>>> Our SQL queries have always been pretty simple and I think it should be
>>> possible to port them to other systems without using adodb at all...
>> With due respect, but this is a nive approach. No sir, you cannot solve
>> this without ADOdb or another portability layer without changing the DB
>> layout of TYPO3.
>
> You say it: Try using another portability layer. To me ADOdb looks like
> overkill, so we should probably look out for something smaller.

ADOdb is not the problem, it's the way it is used. ADOdb is design to be
used directly, but DBAL parsres the queries, decomposes them and recompiles
them. The only solution for that is that the
write-SQL-for-Mysql-and-do-some-magic approach must go. t3lib_db is in this
respect a failure and must go before any real cross db coding can begin.

Masi