[TYPO3-dev] sysext's

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Apr 1 16:09:52 CEST 2008

Michael Stucki schrieb:

> Our SQL queries have always been pretty simple and I think it should be
> possible to port them to other systems without using adodb at all...

With due respect, but this is a nive approach. No sir, you cannot solve
this without ADOdb or another portability layer without changing the DB
layout of TYPO3.

> For now I would like to focus on indexed_search and see how far we get if
> fulltext indexing is implemented...

Did you only add a full text index on top of the existing data structure of
indexed serach or did you change more? I'm thinking of getting rid of all
the single word tables and replacing them with a "document" table (contains
rendered page or copy of external document).

Masi