[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3-Site Maintanance

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 13:44:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 9/27/07, Steffen Kamper <steffen at sk-typo3.de> wrote:

<snip>

> I like that really, because it could be done very easy without patching
> index.php and also without localconf.php.
> I would place the maintaning-file in typo3conf, so there is no problem with
> write access and the file could be renamed simply.

<snip>

If by 'maintaining file' you mean the file that shows when the site is
offline, I would suggest making the location AND name of the file
configurable--this would mean e.g. that  it would be possible to
publish a TYPO3 page from the admin panel and use it instead of the
default.

It occurs to me that it might also be useful to have the option to
redirect to this page (or similar) if TYPO3 can't connect to the db...

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/