[TYPO3-dev] List element with re-using content-elements (ICE or special content elements)

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Thu Sep 27 12:32:00 CEST 2007

Hi Chris,

Christian Wolff schrieb:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:26:00 +0200, Oliver Hader <oh at inpublica.de> wrote:
>> I'm going to create a FAQ pluging that doesn't only consist of the
>> regular text fields 'question' and 'answer'. It should be possible to
>> integrate the available content elements of tt_content (text, text
>> w/image, table, flash media, ...) in the answer section to provide not
>> only a textual hint, but more a visual representation of it or a
>> step-by-step tutorial answering the initial question.
>>
>> So, the requirements are:
>> * base FAQ record is a list element (not stored in tt_content)
>> * base FAQ record can re-use and create tt_content records as children
>> * tt_content elements can combine two or more other tt_content elements,
>>   e.g. new CE 'text w/table' consists of CE 'text' and CE 'table' and
>>   it's possible to define e.g. the position of the table (left, right)
>>   like it's done for images in CE 'text w/image'
>> * a FAQ record and it's content elements can be created in one step -
>>   thus not creating CE first, creating FAQ and inserting - in one step,
>>   e.g. using a thing called "IRRE"
>> * localization of records and child records has to be possible
>>
>> I'm not sure what technique to implement here. There's ICE created by
>> Joey and there are the special content elements (th_specialelements)
>> created by Typoheads.
>>
>> So, I hope on your experience and suggestions in that scenario. Thanks
>> in advance for any feedback!
>
> Hi Olly,
> what kind of Benefit would your FAQ Plugin have over "normal" Page
> with a sitemap element on top, wich shows the the Contente Elements of
> the current
> page? i have used this solution for some FAQ's now because its very simple
> and works out of the box.

Thanks for your feedback. Using a page record as container for other
records would be a possibility. But this doesn't solve the "create in
one step" requirement. Furthermore it doesn't concern the combination of
content elements (e.g. text with table in a new individual CE).

> i hope you know about these features of the "sitemap" element and you have
> a reason to make this extension.

Yes I know about this standard CE. Since the rendering is done using
AJAX and there are many FAQ records using a categorization over more
than one level, it won't work in this special case.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/