[TYPO3-dev] List element with re-using content-elements (ICE or special content elements)

Christian Wolff Chris at connye.com
Thu Sep 27 11:12:44 CEST 2007

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:26:00 +0200, Oliver Hader <oh at inpublica.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm going to create a FAQ pluging that doesn't only consist of the
> regular text fields 'question' and 'answer'. It should be possible to
> integrate the available content elements of tt_content (text, text
> w/image, table, flash media, ...) in the answer section to provide not
> only a textual hint, but more a visual representation of it or a
> step-by-step tutorial answering the initial question.
>
> So, the requirements are:
> * base FAQ record is a list element (not stored in tt_content)
> * base FAQ record can re-use and create tt_content records as children
> * tt_content elements can combine two or more other tt_content elements,
>   e.g. new CE 'text w/table' consists of CE 'text' and CE 'table' and
>   it's possible to define e.g. the position of the table (left, right)
>   like it's done for images in CE 'text w/image'
> * a FAQ record and it's content elements can be created in one step -
>   thus not creating CE first, creating FAQ and inserting - in one step,
>   e.g. using a thing called "IRRE"
> * localization of records and child records has to be possible
>
> I'm not sure what technique to implement here. There's ICE created by
> Joey and there are the special content elements (th_specialelements)
> created by Typoheads.
>
> So, I hope on your experience and suggestions in that scenario. Thanks
> in advance for any feedback!
>

> olly

Hi Olly,
what kind of Benefit would your FAQ Plugin have over "normal" Page
with a sitemap element on top, wich shows the the Contente Elements of the
current
page? i have used this solution for some FAQ's now because its very simple
and works out of the box.

i hope you know about these features of the "sitemap" element and you have
a reason to make this extension.

best wishes
chris

--