[TYPO3-dev] List element with re-using content-elements (ICE or special content elements)

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Thu Sep 27 10:26:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm going to create a FAQ pluging that doesn't only consist of the
regular text fields 'question' and 'answer'. It should be possible to
integrate the available content elements of tt_content (text, text
w/image, table, flash media, ...) in the answer section to provide not
only a textual hint, but more a visual representation of it or a
step-by-step tutorial answering the initial question.

So, the requirements are:
* base FAQ record is a list element (not stored in tt_content)
* base FAQ record can re-use and create tt_content records as children
* tt_content elements can combine two or more other tt_content elements,
  e.g. new CE 'text w/table' consists of CE 'text' and CE 'table' and
  it's possible to define e.g. the position of the table (left, right)
  like it's done for images in CE 'text w/image'
* a FAQ record and it's content elements can be created in one step -
  thus not creating CE first, creating FAQ and inserting - in one step,
  e.g. using a thing called "IRRE"
* localization of records and child records has to be possible

I'm not sure what technique to implement here. There's ICE created by
Joey and there are the special content elements (th_specialelements)
created by Typoheads.

So, I hope on your experience and suggestions in that scenario. Thanks
in advance for any feedback!

olly
--
Oliver Hader