[TYPO3-dev] problems with cache hashes

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Nov 28 15:13:55 CET 2007

Hi!

ries van Twisk wrote:
> As far as I know TYPO3 doesn't require InnoDB to be installed,
> if so and there are problems in the area mentioned,
> shouldn't TYPO3 not come with a proper solution? This
> is what TYPO3 folks always has been doing.

Yes, TYPO3 does not require InnoDb because many hosters still have that disabled. But TYPO3 folks already changed engine type for those tables to InnoDb and said in NEWS.txt that you are supposed to use InnoDb for these tables if you want good performance :)

> TYPO3 should come with a requirement that MySQL needs to be installed
> and InnoDB MUSt be enabled.

Not everyone needs that. In any case you will get much better performance with InnoDb & cache_* tables, so I assume major companies already use that at least for the sake of database stability. MyISAM crashes tables too often.

> At least a warning should be issues during installation and/or in the
> installed tool
> that InnoDB is not used and thus caching will not work properly.

It depends on what you call "work properly" ;) But I agree: the warning should eb shown that InnoDb is not enabled and performance may be compromized.

> But I don't think we cannot just ignore the issues we are having.

I agree. May be Thomas can include this check in his new Setup module?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team