[TYPO3-dev] problems with cache hashes

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Nov 28 15:47:31 CET 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 9:13 AM, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> ries van Twisk wrote:
>> As far as I know TYPO3 doesn't require InnoDB to be installed,
>> if so and there are problems in the area mentioned,
>> shouldn't TYPO3 not come with a proper solution? This
>> is what TYPO3 folks always has been doing.
>
> Yes, TYPO3 does not require InnoDb because many hosters still have
> that disabled. But TYPO3 folks already changed engine type for those
> tables to InnoDb and said in NEWS.txt that you are supposed to use
> InnoDb for these tables if you want good performance :)

Sorry,
I did understood that this discussion was about problems with cache
hashes and deadlocks, and not directly about performance (indirectly
it is because of the locks)

>> TYPO3 should come with a requirement that MySQL needs to be installed
>> and InnoDB MUSt be enabled.
>
> Not everyone needs that. In any case you will get much better
> performance with InnoDb & cache_* tables, so I assume major
> companies already use that at least for the sake of database
> stability. MyISAM crashes tables too often.

aren't deadlocks problematic and might accure even on smaller sites?

>> At least a warning should be issues during installation and/or in the
>> installed tool
>> that InnoDB is not used and thus caching will not work properly.
>
> It depends on what you call "work properly" ;) But I agree: the
> warning should eb shown that InnoDb is not enabled and performance
> may be compromized.

I call 'work properly' the opposite of 'doesn't work properly' :D

if TYPO3 can create dealocks in a database that is set to MyISAM then
I don't think that typo3 doesn't do something properly, that is if we
say TYPO3 needs MySQL + MyISAM
as a minimal requirement. I hope I express correctly, but we all know
what I am saying.