[TYPO3-dev] realurl doesn't translate startpage

Sebastian Böttger sebastian.boettger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 20:00:12 CET 2007

Hi !
> "Does not work" is hard to fix becaue it works here and I am not sure what did not work for you :)

Yes I know, thats why I explained it further down ;-).
>> Maybe this is because I have my page not on the root domain
>> (www.domain.de), but on www.domain.de/subpage/.
>> Everything works fine, but the startpage.
>>

> RealURL always omits first page because it is represented by "/". In multidomain setups it expects domain records and starts making the path from the page where domain record is. For example, if you have this tree:
>
> root
>   A1       <-- domain record for aaa.com
>     BB1
>       CCC1
>     BB2
>   A2
>     BB3    <-- domain record for bbb.com
>       CCC2
>     BB4
>
> Than you can only have aaa.com/bb1 and bbb.com/ccc2/ and so on. You cannot include a1 to aaa.com and bb3 to bbb.com because they are root pages of the domain.

Okay. Thats clear. The point is, it isn't a multidomain setup. It's a
testdomain of my customer (which is an agency. I'm the sub). It is just
1 IP address, and in the subpages there are several typo3 installations
(different sources also). So the apache is configured to root several
virtual servers (http://1.2.3.4/custromer1, http://1.2.3.4/custromer2,
http://1.2.3.4/custromer3). Very strange, not really the way it should
be done, but not my work area.
>> This is my pagetree:
>>
>> world
>> .
>> rootpage (shortcut to home, uid 1, level 0)
>> .
>> .. home (level 1)
>> .. page1 (level 1)
>> .. page2 (level 1)
>> ....subpage2.1 (level 2)
>> .... subpage2.2 (level 2)
>>

> This looks ok and should work fine. This is a typical setup. Where is the main template (with tx_realurl_enable=1) is located?

The main template is also located in rootpage. Very strange, indeed.

Thx4help,
Sebastian