[TYPO3-dev] RFC: a new page type "internal page" / "page container"

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Nov 2 19:03:49 CET 2007

Hi!

The so called page type "advanced page" has the field "show content from
page instead". If you use it, then the columns of this page are not used.
This fact is easly overlooked because the field is a long way down and
there is no visual feedback in the page tree.

Therefore I suggest we create a new page type with a new icon for such
pages. The page would have this field on the very top of the form.
Additional fields of "advanced" would be shown below or - even better - in
a new tab (or a set of tabs).

"advanced" should loose this field. The update wizard may easily change all
(advanced) pages with the field set, into pages of the new type.

Masi

PS: If course "advanced" and other page types could benefit from using tabs.