[TYPO3-dev] realurl doesn't translate startpage

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Nov 2 19:14:39 CET 2007

Hi!

Sebastian Böttger wrote:
> I'm working with your current version of realurl, and it seems a little
> buggy to me.
>
> First the autoconfig doesn't worked correct for me, but okay. I did it
> the manually way.

"Does not work" is hard to fix becaue it works here and I am not sure what did not work for you :)

> Maybe this is because I have my page not on the root domain
> (www.domain.de), but on www.domain.de/subpage/.
> Everything works fine, but the startpage.

RealURL always omits first page because it is represented by "/". In multidomain setups it expects domain records and starts making the path from the page where domain record is. For example, if you have this tree:

root
  A1       <-- domain record for aaa.com
    BB1
      CCC1
    BB2
  A2
    BB3    <-- domain record for bbb.com
      CCC2
    BB4

Than you can only have aaa.com/bb1 and bbb.com/ccc2/ and so on. You cannot include a1 to aaa.com and bb3 to bbb.com because they are root pages of the domain.

> This is my pagetree:
>
> world
> .
> rootpage (shortcut to home, uid 1, level 0)
> .
> .. home (level 1)
> .. page1 (level 1)
> .. page2 (level 1)
> ....subpage2.1 (level 2)
> .... subpage2.2 (level 2)
>

> Every page works fine, but on page "home" there are no links translated.
> They still are like index.php?id=3 etc.
> All other pages on the same level works fine. They also link to /home.html
>
> Following the current setup, maybe that would help you if you want to
> fix this error (if it is one ;-) ).

This looks ok and should work fine. This is a typical setup. Where is the main template (with tx_realurl_enable=1) is located?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/