[TYPO3-dev] FORM element

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue May 22 17:52:46 CEST 2007

Francois Suter wrote: on 22.05.2007 10:02:

> This is really very different. Indeed th_mailformplus is nice
> (especially the latest version that finally handles
> internationalisation), but it is not a cObj. That means you cannot plug
> the th_mailformplus somewhere else - like in your extension - to get it
> to render your form. Many extensions now rely on feAdminLib, but this is
> yet another way to render forms, that needs its own templates. If the
> FORM object could be made more complete, it could be used in many more
> situations and, as a site developer, you would only have one set of TS
> to set up for all your forms.

I think that for rendering forms in extensions we should have a much
more flexible solution, and I think FORMidable is the way to go. Several
extensions are using it already and more are coming. Developers are
active, there is a helping community around it, etc.

In my eyes we cannot really handle that in a core based cObject FORM.
Maybe in TYPO3 5.0? But what we can do now is to make the current
construct usable for what it was meant to, which is to provide the
"simple editor" a simple way to create mailforms on their site.

Cheers,
Ernesto