[TYPO3-dev] FORM element

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue May 22 17:19:19 CEST 2007

Hi there,

On 5/22/07, Francois Suter <fsuter at cobweb.ch> wrote:
> Hi,

> > Have you checked excellent ext th_mailformplus?
>
> This is really very different. Indeed th_mailformplus is nice
> (especially the latest version that finally handles
> internationalisation), but it is not a cObj. That means you cannot plug
> the th_mailformplus somewhere else - like in your extension - to get it
> to render your form. Many extensions now rely on feAdminLib, but this is
> yet another way to render forms, that needs its own templates. If the
> FORM object could be made more complete, it could be used in many more
> situations and, as a site developer, you would only have one set of TS
> to set up for all your forms.

I quite agree. feAdminLib's way of dealing with forms is far too
labour-intensive (e.g. consider how in sr_feuser_register you need to
customize 3 or 4 /sets/ of virtually identical and very long forms).
It would be great if we could use TS forms instead.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/