[TYPO3-dev] FORM element

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue May 22 10:02:30 CEST 2007

Hi,

>>> Changing the FORM cObject is on top of my list right now. I will
>>> publish the investigation of the object soon on the Wiki, so the
>>> community can add their comments to it.
>
> Have you checked excellent ext th_mailformplus?

This is really very different. Indeed th_mailformplus is nice
(especially the latest version that finally handles
internationalisation), but it is not a cObj. That means you cannot plug
the th_mailformplus somewhere else - like in your extension - to get it
to render your form. Many extensions now rely on feAdminLib, but this is
yet another way to render forms, that needs its own templates. If the
FORM object could be made more complete, it could be used in many more
situations and, as a site developer, you would only have one set of TS
to set up for all your forms.

--

Francois Suter