[TYPO3-dev] FORM element

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed May 23 11:54:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

> I think that for rendering forms in extensions we should have a much
> more flexible solution, and I think FORMidable is the way to go. Several
> extensions are using it already and more are coming. Developers are
> active, there is a helping community around it, etc.

Apparently, you've been seduced ;-)

I'm not as enthusiastic about FORMidable as you are. It can do some nice
tricks, but I find it very unfriendly to use. Furthermore it uses a very
different way of doing things that is usual in TYPO3.

The FORM element is very easy to use and that's how I like it. It badly
needs enhancements, but it is true that we must keep in mind that it
should stay simple to use. It's true that if it should be expanded to
have the whole feature set of FORMidable, then we might as well use that
extension, but I think that's not the point at all.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter