[TYPO3-dev] relaease plans for typoe 4.2?

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] mathias at typo3.org
Wed May 9 11:44:22 CEST 2007

John Angel schrieb:

> $temp = new HMENU();
> $temp->entryLevel = 1;
> $temp->noBlur = 1;
> $temp->wrap = '<ul>|</ul>';
>
> if(t3lib_div::intInRange($temp->NumberOfItems(), 1, 10, 0))
> {
> $page->templavoila['menu'] = $temp->Render();
> }

$temp = new hmenu();
FATAL ERROR, CALL TO A UNDEFINED FUNCTION.
Just as a small example.
So when you stop complaining, others start complaning :)
So we're kind of in a loop here.

But know what I like much better?
if(1=1) {
	$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->adminQuery('DROP DATABASE '.$typo3_db);
}

I'd LOVE to see this in my Templates.
;-)

> Why are we looking to weak sides of other CMS tools? We are trying to
> making something better?

Quite simple.
People can use TS without (!) knowledge of PHP AND they cannot break things.
While your idea is indeed tempting and will rendr faster, it requires
PHP knowledge plus you will definetly f**k up your website by a single typo.

> Why are we wasting time of that? PHP has all of that? We should focus on
> CMS, not developing alternative language.

We don't.
TS is done. ;-)

And by the way... why do we waste time developing in PHP?
c# has all of that.

But for real now.
Every few months this discussion is brought up.
Interestingly ALWAYS by people that come from a PHP background and
didn't dive into TS yet.

See the pattern?

all the best
Mathias