[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Sat Mar 31 02:29:04 CEST 2007

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.t.kutschker at n0spam.blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1175285645.10794.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Michael Stucki schrieb:
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>>> Get rid of tslib_pibase and create something that has a proper API and a
>>> good documentation of cache handling (and link generation).
>>
>> I disagree! Although tslib_pibase might be pretty oldschool, this doesn't
>> mean that proper caching is not possible while using it. But I agree that
>> the documentation needs to be improved, and many things in pibase can be
>> done much better... Just wanted to clarify this.
>
> I don't say it doesn't work. I suggested moving on to make future
> extensions easier to code.
>
> I'm sorry if I hurt anyones feelings but every time I see the odd names of
> the linking functions I shudder. And if I have to check out which of those
> function accepts query argunebts with or without the PI prefix I get the
> pains. I want somethinbg else - pretty please :-)
>
> Masi

for me typolink fits all. I don't get the need of wrapping typolink in
different functions. In pi_base i miss every time
title/alt/class-Attributes, i never know, where i have to add prefix ...
There are other functions in pi_base i won't miss, such easy to use
functions like pi_getPidList.

May be we should replace the link functions to better ones, using
conf-arrays as well instead of using TSFE all the time.

vg  Steffen