[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Elmar HInz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Sat Mar 31 10:24:32 CEST 2007

Am Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:08:32 +0200 schrieb Michael Stucki:

Hi Michael,

> Hi Martin,
>
>> Get rid of tslib_pibase and create something that has a proper API and a
>> good documentation of cache handling (and link generation).
>
> I disagree! Although tslib_pibase might be pretty oldschool, this doesn't
> mean that proper caching is not possible while using it. But I agree that

For whom is it possible to do proper caching with it? Maybe for me after
years of pain.

Please open your next TYPO3 installation check the extension directory
recursively:

grep -Ril no_cache *

You will quickly find out that even many experienced developers still have
problems with proper caching. Do you expect the average programmer will
ever be able to do proper caching with tslib_pibase?

When I suggested improvements to the responsible persons the answer was
meaningful silence instead of taking up my thoughts and find out how it
could be done. I am tired now of this way. It was practically impossible
to get tslib_pibase improved. So the only consequence it to replace it.
Masi is fully right in this.

Regards

Elmar